Director of Children’s Ministry
Generation L.I.G.H.T. Children’s Ministry
Everything parents need to know! Generation L.I.G.H.T. of New Faith Church is committed to teaching and ministering to 1st-5th grade children and their families. Our desire is to guide children through Bible study and various activities to experience a personal relationship with God. We are committed to building a partnership with parents to provide a total ministry to children.
We provide age-graded Bible study for children so they may explore Bible truths with other children of the same age. Our Bible study classes are taught by dedicated, trained teachers who guide children to learn Bible truths and apply them to real life. We use the Team Kid Character Challenge and Theo series of curriculum by Lifeway which implements many methods of instruction to engage children in active learning. Children are encouraged to participate in art, drama, games, music, and a variety of other activities that motivate to learning while having a great time.
The Nursery Ministry serves families by providing care for infants ages six weeks to three years during Sunday Worship, Sunday school classes and Wednesday night Bible Study.
The Early Childhood Ministry server families by providing care for our four and five year old children. The mission is to equip and challenge children to discover, demonstrate and celebrate their God-given purpose, worth, gifts and talents through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
1st, 3rd, 4th Sundays
- 7:30 a.m. Church Service
- 9:15 a.m. Sunday School
- 10:30 a.m. Church Service
- 7:30 a.m. The Nursery Ministry
- 9:15 a.m. All age Sunday School
- 10:30 a.m. The Nursery Ministry
Wednesday Night Bible Study
- 7:30 p.m.
- We meet in the Children’s Sanctuary. This is a chance for the children to gain an in depth understanding of the Word of God. There are opportunities to ask questions and the challenge Generation L.I.G.H.T. to really learn, impact, grown, honor and teach. Students are encouraged to bring their Bibles so that they can participate in the studies.
- This ministry is designed to train and employ youth who serve during children’s church, children’s events, and 2nd Sunday in the main sanctuary in the area of logistics, tithe and offering, and order of service.
Boys-to-Men Rites of Passage (Mentoring Program)
- The New Faith Church Boys to Men-Rites of Passage Ministry is seeking to encourage, educate, and empower young gentlemen for the journey of manhood through brotherly advising and guidance with the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- This provides our children with a chance to actively serve God through dance. They are able to serve God at New Faith, but also in the community as well. The foundation they receive in our dance ministry provides them with the foundational skills needed to pursue a career in dance.
- Anointed Praise (grades 3rd – 6th)- every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month from 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Drama Ministry (Acting on the Word Productions)
- The Word is brought to life through artistic presentations that are consistent with God’s Word. The ministry focuses on plays, reader’s theatre, and the spoken word that evangelizes, edifies, educates, enriches, and enhances the cause of Christ.
- Children’s Drama Classes (1st – 6th grades) are on Wednesday from 6:15 p.m. -7:15 p.m.
New Faith Church Girl Scouts
- The Girl Scout Ministry at New Faith Church goal is to reach the community by offering a community based organization to the body and the community by honoring Christ and witnesses to all that we have contact with so that they may come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and saver.
- Meetings: 2nd and 4th Saturday’s @ 10:00 a.m.
New Faith Church Boy Scouts
- The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Cub Scouts are for boys in grades 1st through 5th. Boy Scouts are for boys in grades 6th through 12th.
- Meeting times – 2nd and 4th Sunday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Faith Readers Book Club
- The Faith Readers Book club endeavors to promote literacy, communication, and comprehension skills while opening doors to literature and adventure in reading. Guest storytellers are invited to read to the pre-kindergarten – 1st grade participants. They also have craft activities relative to the story. The 2nd through 8th grade youth are assigned novels. Field trips are planned to local children’s theatres.
- Book Club meets on Tuesdays in the fall, spring, and summer from 6:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Social graces classes endeavor to instill within each individual a sense of confidence and self-assurance in who they are and what they are capable of becoming. Classes equip students with appropriate life skills to feel comfortable in the areas of communication, manners, respect for others, and self-esteem. Classes conclude with lunch at a local restaurant. Sessions are co-ed and are available for elementary, middle, and high school students.
Faith Kids Choir grades 1-5
- Rehearse every Sunday during Children’s Church at 10:30 a.m. service and Tuesday before the 2nd Sunday in the main sanctuary at 6:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact the Ministry Leader Cheryl Drain at 713-434-4072 or email@example.com